When you consider converting to LED lighting, you may envision huge capital expenses, hours of interrupted business, lost sales time, and a massive inconvenience for your team members and customers.
The fact is that LED lighting is now mainstream for a wide range of businesses, including:
- Auto dealerships
- Retail plazas and parking lots
- Warehouses and industrial spaces
- Restaurants and casual dining establishments
- Hospitality and leisure businesses
- Educational facilities
- City and municipal buildings
Many of your competitors have already switched to LED. Incandescent and fluorescent lighting will soon be obsolete. According to Mordor Intelligence, approximately 60% of commercial buildings are using LED lighting today.
There are three obstacles that business owners often encounter when considering converting to LED lighting:
- Too Expensive: Upgrading to LED technology can be quite costly when business owners try to finance it on their own. Fixtures alone can cost hundreds of dollars each. This doesn’t include the cost of the bulbs or installation. It is not surprising for total project costs to run into six figures.
- Not Enough Time:There are many steps involved with a lighting retrofit and people often don’t know where to start. Between researching different types of lights and assessing needs, to finding the right installation partner, it can take weeks to grasp everything involved.
- Difficult to Implement:Construction projects of any type often seem overwhelming. Business owners are sometimes forced to close their doors for the project, or at the very least deal with inconvenience and upheaval during business hours.
If, however, you choose a partner that offers a Lighting-as-a-Service (LaaS) model, you can knock down all three of those challenges and move quickly to dramatic cost savings, while creating a healthier and more sustainable place of business. Here’s how Lighting-as-a-Service makes it easy for business owners to convert to LED lighting.
- LaaS removes the concerns about a huge upfront investment. Theright partnerassumes 100 percent of the cost of the installation, so you don’t have to fund it yourself. Plus, you can save an average of 60 percent on your energy costs long-term. The LaaS model is becoming the new standard for LED installations and is expected to grow at a rate of52 percent by 2025.
- If you choose the right partner, a conversion can move quickly and smoothly. Rather than attempting a retrofit yourself or dealing directly with a manufacturer, you can select a company that has deep experience with a wide range of installations. For example, FES replaced more than 600 fixtures in an auto dealership in a matter of days, delivering more than $109K annually in energy savings.Upfront planning is essential in streamlining the process. The right partner will work closely with you to understand how your business works and will create a timeline that minimizes downtime and inconvenience.
- Installation and maintenance are easy when you choose the right partner. LaaS contracts include these installations and often maintenance. This means you don’t have to worry about unpredictable labor costs, changing bulbs or repairing fixtures. Plus, LED lights last significantly longer than conventional bulbs, dramatically reducing maintenance needs.
Still Skeptical? Here’s More Proof
What’s the best way to convince yourself that LED lighting is the right solution for your business? Review the many case studies of companies — both large and small — that have enjoyed the benefits of zero capital LED lighting upgrades. FES alone has saved its customers more than $200 million on their energy costs in just a few years.
As important as the savings, however, is the process. A huge advantage of working with a LaaS company is that they have a vested interest in recommending the right solution for your type of business and will assume the cost and responsibility of the installation.
Unlike traditional electrical contractors or suppliers who may have an incentive to work slowly or push products that aren’t right for your type of business, LaaS companies are committed to moving quickly so they can help you enjoy cost-savings almost immediately. Additionally, they make a long-term commitment to your success, so they are true partners in delivering cost- and time-efficient solutions.